Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Charlotte is totally rocking the weight!

She's at 3 pounds 2.8 ounces!
Just over a whole pound up from her birth weight.

Today she would've been 34 weeks so she's still having her apnea/ bradycardia spells.
They make me nervous but the nurses and doctors say it's normal for a preemie and are keeping an eye out for her.

This week I was getting weary. Not because anything bad happened... But because this is hard. I know it's not as hard as others have it and we have a LOT to be thankful for... But it's still hard.
I was pouring my heart out to God (and later again to Michael)... that as great as she is doing that there is still no talk about going home. On one hand, I do understand that. And I know she's not ready yet. But I'm someone who likes a plan... The plan can change, I just need a plan.
And as of right now all they keep saying is "expect your due date." Which is 8/25. That's 6 weeks from today! I've already been here for a month. I'm a home body who loves having my family close. I have never been away from Lila or Michael this long and I can't stand to leave Charlotte either. I'm SOOO ready for our whole family to be together again. I'm tired and weary...

Then we walked into a local church on Sunday and they were singing ...
"I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory

Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in your hands
I'm holding onto Your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful

I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side"

And then I was encouraged further by the sermon on John 14:16 where Jesus encourages the disciples by saying He will send the Holy Spirit to be with them. I needed that same encouragement that the disciples needed that day. Thank you Lord.

The Holy Spirit is with me and my girls have an army of angels by their side and we are not alone. I know Who goes before me!

This weekend we were together for the most part (can't always be at the hospital all day), but it was one of the hardest times to say goodbye to Michael and Lila.
I am sooooo grateful my mom and Michael's mom are still here helping out in a tremendous way (always with a smile too!)
I'm not sure where we would be without them! (Also thankful for Papa and Grandpa who sacrificed to have them come!)

Charlotte decided to thank us all too by letting us hold her in blankets!
This is a BIG deal y'all!
...Because
1. only Mama and Daddy could hold her skin to skin before now. (Which is also awesome)
2. I finally got to hold her and LOOK at her. Be amazed by all her little tiny parts and stand in awe of God's masterpiece!
3. The big sister and grandmas got to hold her for the very first time at almost 1 month old!


 Big Sister holding Baby Sister for the first time!
Sunday, July 13,2014







Grandma and Loulou Lovin!






PRAYER WORKS!

Please continue to pray for her to gain strength and grow! Each ounce is a day closer to us going home and being all together.

Please also pray for strength for us to carry on as God has already proven faithful.

Also, I would love for you to pray for the other babies in the NICU many are not doing as well as our sweet Charlotte and I cannot imagine what the families are going through in these difficult times.

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

No comments: