UPDATE:
As many of you know, On Monday, I was transported from our local small town hospital by ambulance to the "big city" of OKC to OU Children's Hospital for pre-ecamplsia.So, in an attempt to keep everyone updated on this new journey our little one has brought us on, I am resurrecting the blog. I do not consider myself a writer nor a blogger, and those that know me well say that they can hear me talking as I type... so I guess I am a talker? lol.
My prayer in these updates is that: "...these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)
God has TRULY blown us away and we are just 3 days in of
what we hope is at least a 7 week journey!
I cannot say enough of how the prayers of the saints, you my brothers and sisters, my family in Christ, who have lifted us to the thrown, that God has used those prayers and words and notes of encouragement to give us unexplainable peace.Normally, I would be a ball of mess, curled up in a corner with worry.
Yes. I have been called a "worry wart" ... so this can only be described as a "God thing" and answer to prayer.
Don't get me wrong. I have had my moments of fear and my moments of bawling and worry and almost instantly I am compelled to ...
"turn my eyes upon Jesus and look full in His heavenly face..."and God is faithful and He has washed His peace over me.
As I sat riding backwards in the ambulance. after letting family, friends and posting on FB that we needed prayer, I was so scared and the tears were flowing down my checks... as I began to see the responses of prayer I was overwhelmed immediately with God's peace and knew I was completely in His hands, the BEST hands we could be in.
God is SOOOO good.
Your prayers and this peace, I believe with all my heart, has continued to give me great reports each day from the doctor.
So here is the latest:
- first off, baby girl is still doing wonderfully! She is right on target for being 30 weeks gestation and in all of our monitoring of her: heart beats, ultrasounds etc, she is doing AWESOME! Praise God!
- After I was admitted: my vitals, reports etc. have stabilized and they transferred me the LOW risk OB floor. Praise God!
- Even though my reports have stabilized, I still have elevated levels and still have to continue to be monitored for the pre-eclampsia until Baby Girl is born.
- They keep telling me "the goal is 37 weeks"... but then do the usual doctor thing and aren't making promises. :) And from what we understand, from what we've been told, is that right now I am the one who is at risk at this point (since baby looks great!) and that as long as my ranges etc continue that we can HOPE for a 37 weeks delivery. They believe that at any point this could change drastically and quickly and she could still have to be delivered any day. SO PLEASE PRAY that my numbers will stay the same (or even improve!) and that baby girl can stay put. Every minute, every hour, every day is a blessing and a help to our little girl and she is already proving to be a fighter!
- IF/when things change, please pray for wisdom and discernment as Michael and I will have to make some big decisions about her debut (for instance VBAC is back on the table! slim chance, but a chance.)
- Please continue to pray for wisdom and discernment for the medical team taking care of us. We continually here EXCELLENT reports of the level of care, medical professionals, and nicu here. "The best in the state!" So we are in good hands here. PRAISE!
- Please continue to pray for peace for our little family as this could be so incredibly scary, but God has continually washed us with His peace and we are in awe of His graciousness to us during this time. He is stretching me as I am having to trust Him with both of my girls. I really like to keep all my chicks close and this has been really challenging, letting Lila go, trusting God for baby and eventually Michael going back to Altus and work without me (while I stay in OKC until her debut). But I know that He holds us in His hands. He is the Author and perfecter of our faith. He is our portion and strength. He has sustained us and no doubt will continue to do so.
We have been blown away (to the point of happy tears) by all the notes of encouragement, prayers and hospitality for our family. (I will try to respond to each one, but KNOW that each one has had a significant impact on us and we are so grateful for the love.)
We've had so many offer for help, to help with Lila, and this has blessed our heart tremendously and possibly in more ways then you can imagine.
Lila is in "vacation from mom and dad" heaven currently, but still tells me she misses me. LOL. She's a doll!
We have had several visitors, friends, family in Christ, some even from strangers to us! (but related through friends or family of family and friends!) ...we are really feeling the love!
The body of Christ is amazing and God is pouring over us His grace, mercy and peace from each of you.
THANK YOU!
... and I will try to update again soon.
If you have any specific questions just post here. (I think that will work?)
Some have asked for our contact info, so just message me at my email: mamalottie@gmail.com and I would be happy to send you any info or answer more detailed questions.
God is good. He holds us in His hands and I know that He loves Baby girl more than we do and we trust Him for her and for us.
Laura, Michael, Lila Grace and Baby Sister (who Lila wants to name Ballerina *smile*)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."Philippians 4:6-8

No comments:
Post a Comment